Baguette, steak, cheese, more baguette, croissant, steak, omelette, baguette, pain au chocolat, French men (sorry Mr. GTMHTC), baguette and quite frankly, steak, baguette, baguette, baguette.
So I think that about sums up my first five days in jolie France?
Here are five things so far that have been tres, tres, tres bien!
Where: Beussent, Pas de Calais, France
- House that oozes Frenchness from every crevice. Check!
- The tastiest (largest) baguette so far: Le Moulins de Brimeux, Montreuil. I don’t know how ham and cheese can taste so exquisite but it did.
- Flowers. On houses. The sight just brightens your day.
- A bit of history: The WW1 cemetery at Étaples. Just overwhelming.
- Interesting finds in unexpected places: We found a communal herb garden in Boulogne where school children were gathered to look at all the different varieties. Now isn’t that education at its best?